General Website Privacy Notice by Cint AB
Effective Date: July 7, 2017
Last Revised: July 7, 2017
Description of Cint's business
Cint AB (and any reference to Cint AB shall include Cint’s parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, collectively “Cint”) is a global technology company that maintains an online insights exchange platform that connects community owners to researchers, agencies and brands, for the sharing and accessing of consumer data. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Cint has offices in major cities across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
All references in this Privacy Notice to Cint include Cint and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies. All references to “us” or “we” refer to Cint.
This Website Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the types of information we collect, how we collect the information, how we use the information, how we share or disclose the information, how we store the information, and your choices regarding the use and processing of the information.
We protect your privacy
Cint is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all Personal Data (“Personal Data”) collected or received by Cint, Cint strives to conform its privacy practices with applicable international, national, Federal, state and/or local laws and regulations. All references to Cint in this Privacy Notice include Cint’s parents, subsidiaries and affiliates.
How we collect and use your personal data
We collect Personal Data from you when you communicate with us by any media. We define Personal Data as any identifiable data relating to a natural person that is directly or indirectly collected, by us or a third party. We collect your Personal Data on a voluntary basis. If you request a quote or brochure, we may require that you provide specific information to ensure delivery and execution of your request. Any Personal Data that we collect is passed on to our sales department for follow-up or to provide any information you have requested.
Why we collect data
We collect Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to keep you informed and obtain your views of our products, services and activities;
- to transfer Personal Data to any subsidiary or group company;
- statutory and regulatory compliance;
- to process any enquiries raised by you and other communications initiated by you in relation to your dealings with Cint and any services provided by Cint;
- to market our products and services, including those of its group companies and third party suppliers;
- when permitted by you, to send you marketing communications keeping you informed about our activities;
- to send you surveys about our products and services; and
- to achieve our general objectives.
In addition to the above, Cint may use the information it collects or receives as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How do we collect information, including personal data?
Information provided by you:
We collect the following information submitted or provided by you:
- through or in connection with this website;
- through or in connection with business meetings with actual or potential customers or clients;
- through or in connection with promotions, meetings, events, and/or trade or industry shows or conferences sponsored
- by, hosted by, or attended by Cint and/or Cint’s employees, representatives, and/or agents; and
- through telephone calls, email communications, and/or other forms of communication.
Cint may collect information, including, without limitation, Personal Data, from third parties, including, without limitation, industry conference or event organizers or sponsors.
Information collected via Cookies:
Information automatically collected and stored in Log Files:
Cint’s websites may automatically gather and store certain information in log files, including, without limitation, data available from your web browser, including, without limitation: IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data.
How do we use your personal information
We may use your Personal Data, including information collected from third parties for various purposes, including, without limitation, to send you emails or other communications as described herein. In the event you receive such communications, you will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us.
How do we share your information
Cint does not sell your information and does not disclose your information, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise consented to by you.
We may share information, as follows:
- within the Cint group of companies (with Cint’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates) and the directors, managers, officers, employees, consultants, and agents of these companies, subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection of the information or as subsequently consented to by you;
- to service providers who are performing services on our behalf, whether engaged directly by Cint or engaged by a third party. The service providers are authorized to use and disclose the information only as necessary to perform and provide the services for which they were engaged;
- in connection with the request or requirement of any lawful request by public authorities, to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- if we are required to do so pursuant to applicable laws or legal or court process, when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of actual or suspected fraud or illegal activity;
- in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will require the other party (e.g., the surviving or resulting entity in a merger, or the acquiring entity in an acquisition) to agree in writing to use, protect, and maintain the security, integrity, and confidentiality of the transferred Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice; and
- as otherwise permitted pursuant to this Privacy Notice or otherwise authorized by you.
Cint will require others who acquire or provide Personal Data to Cint, including those engaged to provide support services, to adopt and comply with the principles in this Privacy Notice. Cint acknowledges its potential liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties.
We may maintain Personal Data or machine identifiable information in order to satisfy your requests and/or Cint’s business requirements.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites. Cint is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. To ensure the protection of your privacy, always review the privacy notice of the websites you visit by linking from this website.
Cint is committed to protecting the privacy of children. This website is not intended for minors. No information should be submitted to our website by users under the age of 13, and we do not collect information from any user we have reason to believe is a child under the age of 13. In addition, you must be 18 years of age or older to apply for employment at Cint.
Where is information stored?
All information is stored on servers and systems located in the EU, which servers are licensed, owned, and/or maintained by Cint.
What security measures has Cint implemented?
Cint maintains appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect information received or collected by Cint. Cint reviews, monitors and evaluates its privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. Notwithstanding the foregoing, transmissions over the Internet and/or a mobile network are not one hundred percent (100%) secure and Cint does not guarantee the security of transmissions. Cint is not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting Personal Data to Cint.
How can you access your information?
You may access information we collect from or about you in order to review, correct, or delete such information by:
Sending an email request to: privacy@Cint.com
Regular mail to:
Luntmakargatan 18, 1tr
111 37 Stockholm
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
Who can I contact with questions or complaints about this privacy note?
If you have any questions or complaints regarding Cint’s privacy practices and/or this Privacy Notice or want to communicate an opt-out request to Cint, please contact us by:
Sending an email request to: email@example.com
Regular mail to:
Luntmakargatan 18, 1tr
111 37 Stockholm
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
Cint’s Legal Department is responsible for the organization’s compliance with this Privacy Notice.
Acceptance and updated to this privacy notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to refer to this Privacy Notice on an ongoing basis. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes will mean that you signify your acceptance to those changes.
This Privacy Notice is current as of the “last revised” date which appears at the top of this page. We will treat Personal Data in a manner consistent with the Privacy Notice under which it was collected, unless we have your consent to treat it differently. By using this website following any Privacy Notice change, you freely and specifically give us your consent to collect, use, transfer and disclose your Personal Data in the manner specified.
Cint Research Process Management System (20252) All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or distributed. Once printed, this document falls outside the Cint Research Process Management System.